Hallstahammar is situated approximately 120 km west of Stockholm.
The manufacturing unit has a mill tradition that dates back to the 17th century. The machining of peeled and ground bars has taken place there since 1909. A plant for hard chrome plating of long bars was established in 1982.
Today Ovako Hallstahammar AB is part of the Ovako Cromax operations. The Hallstahammar unit manufactures and delivers peeled, ground and hard chrome plated bars and tubes mainly for hydraulic applications.