Further develop our world leading CO2e footprint ”cradle-to-gate”
- Reduce CO2e carbon footprint 60% by 2030 and 70% by 2040
”cradle-to -gate” for hot-rolled bar with 2015 as base.
- Reduce CO2e in operations 80% by 2030 and 90% by 2040
scope 1&2, according to GHG protocol, with 2015 as base.
Provide leading steel products for CO2e savings in end-usage
- Increased number of customer end-products that use our steel for greater CO2 savings.
Enhanced steel circularity driven by Ovako initiatives
- Actively pursue projects to reduce or eliminate concerns related to increasing levels of copper in scrap.
Contribute to the circular economy
- Reuse or recycle at least 90% of residual products from production.
Employees, health and safety
Zero accident and occupational illnesses workplace
- Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) below 2 by the end of 2023.
The right competence at the right place with people that reflects the societies where we are located
- 23% women in total workforce and 25% women in manager positions end of 2025.
- Long term target of minimum 40% women in total workforce and manager positions.
Zero confirmed incidents of corruption and bribes from external and internal sources
- Relevant employees must have knowledge of anti-corruption and bribery and must be trained through Ovako's internal training program.
Actively work with our suppliers to secure sustainability and climate improvements
- Ovako’s Code of Conduct included in all procurement agreements.
- Classify and evaluate the suppliers with the highest impact with the aim to reduce the CO2e footprint from suppliers with 20% to 2030.