Selecting pre-machined components is often a cost effective solution as it eliminates customers own stockholding, crosscutting and machining, as well as converting fixed costs to variable. Ovako has comprehensive resources for manufacturing pre-components in various grades of machining.
Our pre-components are produced with close tolerances combined with a high and even level of quality. Pre-components from bar and tube can be produced from all executions, available in a wide range of sizes and steel grades.
Reducing global CO2 emissions demands smarter product solutions and requires rethinking on many levels: more performance benefits per kilogram of product, less raw materials, and substituting fossil fuel energy sources with primarily fossil-free electricity. Read more about Ovako’s path to carbon neutrality
Advantages of Ovako’s pre-components
- Fixed costs tied to machinery are converted to variable costs
- Capital tied up in inventory is reduced
- Bulky and time-consuming handling of long products is eliminated
- No chips or off-cuts to handle
- Transport costs reduced by up to 2/3 compared to long products
- Just-in-time contract for deliveries according to specific needs
We made it! But we are still not satisfied
What a journey! It took years of hard work to make our steelmaking operations more sustainable. In 2022, we went carbon neutral in all operations. But we´re still not satisfied - our journey towards steel production without CO2 emissions continues.
Read more about our path to carbon neutrality