How we contribute to SDG3
- Promotion of employee health and safety, especially through the group-wide Safety at Work program and the newly launched safety standard.
How we contribute to SDG4
- Ongoing professional development of our employees.
- Collaboration with local educational providers in the areas where we operate.
How we contribute to SDG5
- Continuous efforts to increase the representation of women in the operations.
- Increase the number of women in managerial positions.
How we contribute to SDG6
- Recycling of process water used in production.
- Treatment of discharged process water in internal treatment plants.
How we contribute to SDG7
- Continuous work on energy efficiency.
- Production based on a fossil-free electricity mix.
- Excess heat is sold to district heating plants.
- Our steel products enable the manufacturing of lighter steel components, which result in more energy efficient end-products.
How we contribute to SDG8
- We follow current collective agreements, promotes human rights and a good working environment.
- A Code of Conduct for suppliers is included in all new agreements, where requirements are set for key aspects such as business ethics, anti-corruption, working conditions and human rights.
How we contribute to SDG9
- Through research and development, Ovako contributes to new and more sustainable products.
How we contribute to SDG12
- Our production is based on recycled steel scrap. In this way, we contribute to our customers becoming part of the circular economy.
- Through continuous improvements in the production process, we are continuously reducing our emissions to air and water.
- Our manufacturing processes provide steel products with a reduced climate footprint throughout their life cycle.
How we contribute to SDG13
- Production with significantly lower climate impact than the global average.
- Our products have few impurities, which makes it possible for customers to use clean steel to manufacture smaller and lighter components, resulting in climate-smart products.