How we contribute to SDG3
- We continuously work to improve our safety culture and create even safer working environments through the group-wide Safety Standard.
How we contribute to SDG4
- Ongoing professional development of our employees.
- Collaboration with local educational providers in the areas
where we operate.
How we contribute to SDG5
- Continuous efforts to increase diversity in gender, ethnicity, age etc. in our operations and managerial positions.
How we contribute to SDG6
- Recycling of process water used in production.
- Treatment of discharged process water in internal treatment plants.
How we contribute to SDG7
- Production based on fossil-free electricity.
- Excess heat is sold to district heating plants.
- Our steel products enable lighter steel components, which result
in more energy efficient end-products.
How we contribute to SDG8
- We follow collective agreements, promote human rights and a good working environment.
How we contribute to SDG9
- Through research and development, Ovako contributes to new, more sustainable products.
- With our new hydrogen initiative, we will showcase a possible infrastructure for fuel cells vehicles.
How we contribute to SDG12
- Our production is based on 97 % recycled steel.
- Through continuous improvements, we are reducing our emissions to air and water.
- Our manufacturing processes provide steel products with a reduced carbon footprint.
How we contribute to SDG13
- Climate neutral production.
- Our products have few impurities, which enables manufacturing of smaller and lighter components, resulting in climate-smart products.