How we contribute to SDG3
- Development of sustainable products manufactured from recycled steel scrap.
- Promotion of employee health and safety, especially through the group-wide Safety at Work program.
How we contribute to SDG4
- Ongoing professional development of our employees.
- Efforts to promote and collaborate with local educational providers in the locations where the company operates.
How we contribute to SDG5
- Continuous efforts to increase the share of women in the operations.
How we contribute to SDG6
- Recycling of process water used in production.
- The process water discharged is treated in internal treatment plants.
How we contribute to SDG7
- Production is based on a fossil-free electricity mix. Excess heat is sold to district heating plants.
- Continuous work on energy efficiency in production.
- Ovako’s steel products enable the manufacturing of smaller steel components, which results in more energy efficient end products.
How we contribute to SDG8
- Ovako follows current collective agreements and promotes human rights and a good working environment.
- A special Code of Conduct for suppliers is included in all new agreements, where requirements are set for e.g. business ethics, anti-corruption, working conditions and human rights.
How we contribute to SDG9
- Through efforts in research and development, Ovako contributes to new, more sustainable products.
How we contribute to SDG12
- Ovako's production is based on recycled steel scrap. In this way, Ovako contributes to its customers becoming part of the circular economy.
- Through continuous improvements in the production process, Ovako’s emissions to air and water are continuously reduced.
- Ovako’s manufacturing process provides steel products that create a reduced climate footprint throughout their life cycle.
How we contribute to SDG13
- Production with significantly lower climate impact than the global average.
- Ovako’s products have few impurities, which makes it possible for customers to manufacture lighter and smaller components, resulting in lower carbon dioxide emissons when the product is used.